I am thinking...about the triumph of the cross as St. Paul beautifully describes in Colossians - "And even when you were dead in transgressions and the uncircumcision of the flesh, he brought you to life along with him, having forgiven us all our transgressions; obliterating the bond against us, with it's legal claims, nailing it to the cross; despoiling the principalities and the powers, he made a public spectacle of them, leading them away in triumph by it." Shazam!
I am thankful for...this life. In all it's craziness, joys, toils, disappointments, the laughter, the tears, the broken clothes washer, the leaking bathroom, the floor that needs to be replaced, okay maybe I'm not so thankful for those hahaha. To paraphrase Blessed John Paul II: "where needs abound, grace overflows". So I guess, I'm really thankful for grace.
I am wearing...a confused combination of Summer and Winter wear - short-sleeved shirt, jeans, polartek sweater and flip-flops. It's part beach part Arctic.
I am creating...nothing (yet).
I am going...to clean up my room if that's the only thing I do! It's looking more like storage instead of haven these days.
I am NOT...stressing out today. Promise!
I am reading...Magic Treehouse books to the 6 and 4 year old. We're trying to read it in order. The girl used to think it was so "boring" compared to her classic literature picks. But these past three days she's been knee-deep into the books and is almost finished reading all of them. Thirty plus books in three days, she's our bookworm.
I am hoping...to start school today, slowly.
On my mind...apple-picking!
From the learning rooms...there's Science and History and of course our favorite, Explode the Code.
Noticing that...getting back to P90x isn't as hard as I thought it would be.
From the kitchen...apple crumble in the works, a birthday cake that is almost gone and hot coffee. I love mornings, more importantly I love Fall mornings.
Around the house...needs tidying up but nothing that should take the whole day to do.
One of my favorite things...waking up early
A few plans for the rest of the week... homeschooler's Mass with the Bishop tomorrow and then to finally get back into the groove of our homeschooling life.
Ready for my close-up...the only photo left from camping after I mistakenly deleted the rest of them from the memory card-
No comments:
Post a Comment