Monday, June 18, 2012

Daybook- I'm Still Alive Edition

must blog because I do pay for this website to host our photos...

Outside my window
- leaves swaying in the soft, warm, afternoon breeze

All dressed up and nowhere to go - gray skirt, green tee that has some Latin writing on it (hoc est enim corpus)
Our daily bread - oy, I have food in the fridge but no menu plan, bad! It's either rice and meat or meat and potatoes. On a happier note, the kids made candy-coated pretzel this morning.  Who needs dinner when you have sweets?!
All around me - kids lounging after a fun trip to the metropark with friends. The house is in every shape of clutter after I tried to move things around in the bedroom.  Projects, projects, that what's around me.
Food for thought - wishing I had more time to think.  My brain cells seem to be on perpetual rest as I give in to the demands of a busy household.  I no longer think, I just do.
This is why I'm trying to pick up blogging again. My brain needs a break from the mundane.
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good - pondering this from the Little Office of the BVM, an excerpt from Psalm 91 - Since he clings to me in love, I will free him, protect him for he knows my name. When he calls I shall answer: "I am with you " I will save him in distress and give him glory. WOW.
On the crafting-challenged list - looking for crafts about the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit.  This is the focus of our summer as we try live a life of virtue.
On the reading list - resources for the above mentioned endeavor.
What's on the calendar - baseball, a pool playdate with a friend, more baseball,  and projects in between. 

Random snapshots -making candy-coated pretzels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...