Saturday, June 8, 2013

Insanity Fail Week - Are We There Yet?!

We are finishing up week 7 of Insanity, yay!  Week 6 was a near bust when the vomit bug hit our home.  The youngest child had it first then the husband, then me then the girl then the husband, again.  Out of six days, I was only able to exercise for three and the husband only twice that week.  I won't lie, I enjoyed that break especially that I got to sleep despite that being illness-related. 

This week can't be over fast enough.  I love the intensity of this phase but the length of it, not so much.  An hour of very intense, very fast movement is exhausting.  At 45 minutes my brain tells me I can do it but my body refuses to cooperate. The good thing is that none of the people on the video are completing all the drills either.  It is that crazy-hard and as you know by now, it's the reason why I love it. My favorite of the workouts on this phase is the Max Interval Plyo.  It has a lot of the drills I like (push-ups, suicide drills) in variations that are challenging but you walk away from it feeling like a bad-a**. So now I really have to do a second round!

With week 7 half-done, we are adding an extra week to the original schedule as make-up.  By the end of it all we would have done this workout in 9.5 weeks.  Then I will eat donuts! LOL

source

2 comments:

  1. So impressed that you're doing insanity! I just started a little bit, and I can now get all the way brought the warm up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it..but first you'll hate it! hahaha What helps me is my commitment to blogging about it which, surprisingly, are the most read entries. So I know there are at least two people wishing me Insanity success :-) Good luck!!!

      Delete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...