Sunday, November 9, 2014

Epiphanies of Beauty: This Time Last Year

*Sunday is for Epiphanies of Beauty, Christine's photo link-up. When you are done here don't forget to visit over there for more Epiphanies of Beauty posts.

"A tingling, misty marvel
  Blew hither in the night,
And now the little peach-trees
  Are clasped in frozen light. 

Upon the apple-branches
  An icy film is caught,
With trailing threads of gossamer
  In pearly patterns wrought. 

The autumn sun, in wonder,
  Is gayly peering through
This silver-tissued network
  Across the frosty blue. 

The weather-vane is fire-tipped,
  The honeysuckle shows
A dazzling icy splendor,
  And crystal is the rose." 

  Evaleen Stein, November Morning

2 comments:

  1. I commented on my phone last week, but my phone was hungry and ate it! I didn't make it to the real computer. I love your poetry connection.

    Also, this picture is SUCH a contrast to Sunday's weather! Made me SO appreciative of that unseasonably warm spell we had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess that I am loving this cold snap. I will eventually change my mind if this goes on forever ;-) My planned post for the next Epiphanies of Beauty is a hoot, I am researching appropriate poetry.

      Delete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...