Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Summer And A Playlist

March was the last time I posted on this blog. As usual, I have no valid excuse other than just letting real life happen.  There was a lot of pondering and not a lot of typing.  But the onslaught of back-to-school ads in the recent weeks gave me the necessary push to blog again.  With two kids attending a brick and mortar high school this fall I want to make sure I don't fall further behind on blogging. The last three people on the world who are not on Facebook are related to me and they still enjoy visiting here.  I have to do my part to make them happy.

Speaking of back-to-school...the oldest child finished his freshman year out of our homeschool successfully. There was definitely a lot of hand holding the first semester but as soon as he found his groove he coasted right along.  We learned a lot this past school year.  I say "we " because the boy was not the only one who learned new things. And now it's The Baking Girl's turn to leave the homeschool nest. This will be a very interesting year for sure.  My summer prayer life is currently on steroids!

I don't exactly know what they are doing

This would not be an update if I do not talk about running.  Summer.  Running.  Hot flashes.  Not a fun combination.  My new shoes have not been seeing as much mileage as it should.  I think I should just man up like last Summer when I stuck to my schedule regardless of  heat and humidity.  The mediocre six running miles a week is balanced with a lot of walking so I'm not totally sedentary.

On my next entry I will post photos of our Summer so far.  The plan is not to take another four months to blog. My ideal is to write weekly from this day forward.  In the meantime let me share my summer playlist that's been making my hot runs and chore-filled days more bearable.  As always, if you want the Spotify link send me a message..
  • Future Looks Good - OneRepublic (I love OneRepublic!)
  • Bring My Love Home - Brendan James
  • Knock Me Out - Fancy Reagan (this is my fave song to get my day going)
  • Hey Child - Korbee
  • Without You- Parachute
  • Made For You - Alexander Cardinale
  • Go - Cody Fry
  • Home Away From Home - Canopy Climbers
  • When I'm With You The Fireworks Go Off - Clemency
  • Day To Feel Alive - Jake Reese
  • The World Is Ours - Eleven Past One
  • Stars Would Fall (I'm Crazy) - Monk & Neagle
  • Take It All - Sawyer Fredericks
  • (It's Gonna Be) Okay - Dave Bassett, Andy Grammer, The Piano Guys
  • Heaven - OneRepublic
  • Never Come Back Again - Austin Plaine
  • Old Friends - Jonas Blue Remix - Jasmine Thompson, Jonas Blue
  • Sunshine (Extended Mix) - diMaro, Dillon Dixon
  • Amazing- Broiler, Kurt Nilsen

4 comments:

  1. I am new to following a blogger and I'm not sure how to do it. But I'll figure it out. I would love to follow you. I love that you have homeschool all five kids. And you've obviously done a great job considering how well his freshman year went. I'd love the link to Spotify for your playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Digg Reader to keep track of all the blogs I follow in one place. Makes it easier that way. Homeschooling has worked really well for us, I am so thankful we are able to do it. I will pm you the spotify link in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get to your playlist. When I click on the link it brings me to your blog and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send you a different link using my laptop instead of my tablet.

      Delete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...