"Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel;
for he has come to his people and set them free..." -Luke 1:68
I'm Listening To - silence except for all the loud thoughts in my head.
The Week Ahead - baking, gift wrapping, tidying. Christmas Mass will be the highlight of our week. Christmas dinner at my brother-in-law's house, a sleepover, a play date, and I'm sure many things that my kids have planned with their friends and have yet to tell me.
What's Cooking - my mother's world famous cheesecake. I think I'm baking at least five today. It's a secret family recipe. It's a lot of work but I see cheesecake as a work of love. Love in a pie pan. As for the rest of the week, we haven't even yet decided what we're having for Christmas Eve dinner. I was hoping to do prime rib but couldn't find a reasonable price. We might end up with a baked, brown sugar-glazed salmon. We love salmon over here. I'm not too concerned about Christmas Eve dinner.
Mom Treat - Christmas is the biggest treat a mom can ever have. I hope as a busy mother, especially this season, you get time to yourself with baby Jesus. There's something about babies that forces us to slow down and be in the moment. When I became a mother Christmas became more meaningful to me. Jesus as a baby became more meaningful, Mary as mother became more meaningful, Joseph as father...Oh how I love St. Joseph. I hope this week, you find that peace and quiet that this world, this busy season and this busy life cannot give.
Prayers - the Canticle of Zechariah. There is mercy, salvation, freedom and peace in such a short hymn of praise. Zechariah made me cry so early in the morning. Whatever is in your heart today, your joy, your sorrows, your worries, your anxieties, the troubles of your heart and soul know that Christ was born for you, to bring you mercy, salvation, freedom and peace. Merry Christmas!
'Tis the Season - photos, as usual






No comments:
Post a Comment