Outside My Window - Oh hey, it's another Winter day that's gloomy and cloudy and cold as heck!
I'm Wearing - a black thermal tunic and fleece-lined leggings in a crazy print that I absolutely love. One of these days my chronological age will catch up with my brain age. For now, crazy print it is to keep me feeling alive and youthful.
I'm Listening To - my boys discussing swords and hammers. Boy stuff in a mostly boy household. The swish of a dishwasher that my husband just loaded and ran.
I'm Reading - I'm about to crack open a new book I picked up after the author spoke at Color Street's kickoff conference. The book is Locked In: The Will To Survive and the Resolve To Live by Victoria Arlen. I was really moved by her story having been locked in a body in a seemingly vegetative state but a mind that is fully aware. I may have shed a few tears at a dry nail polish conference! Here's another link that details some of her life story -https://aleteia.org/2018/09/18/while-seemingly-locked-in-a-vegetative-state-espns-victoria-arlen-relied-on-prayer-to-survive
I'm Pondering - all that's happened around me shortly after the New Year. The tragedy of a friend losing her husband suddenly to covid, the events and unrest at the capital, more people around me getting sick with the virus, pleas for prayers from friends who are suffering distress for one reason or another. I don't think it's coincidence that we are reading through the Book of Job at Bible In A Year. A book that did not have a tidy, happy ending, answering all the mysterious ways of God. As emotionally and mentally exhausting our world has become and feeling it even more as I read through the emotionally and mentally exhausting book of Job, I'm also finding myself getting deeper into the meaning of "surrender". A surrender to God's plan, a more courageous resolve to cooperate with His work in my life, and an intense desire to live as the saints lived.
I'm Praying - "Lord, make me a saint!" For now, that's the only prayer that matters in my life.
The Week Ahead - putting away ALL Christmas decoration. Our live Christmas tree and outdoor decorations were were taken down last week but we still have the fake one up. Lots of tidying, organizing, and purging in the next few days as we move a child to college campus.
What's Cooking - ribs for dinner at the request of moving child.
Homeschool Is Cool -paring down our topic for composition. One child is an eager writer, the other not so much. I've always had a mix of reluctant and eager students in this household, it's nothing new so I should probably get used to it.
Mom Treat - I have to think about this for the week. It's been rough with unexpected car repairs, and other real life things that's dampening an already sour mood. Maybe if I can scoot over to Holy Hour, it could be my treat for the week.
Life Snaps -
![]() |
| covid-19 testing before campus arrival |
![]() |
| despite the heartbreaking loss to Alabama my nails were on point |
![]() |
| one last disc golf family match before dropping off this dude to be an adult |



No comments:
Post a Comment