I am pondering - this past year and life in general. Pondering the good, the bad, the ugly, the broken (ness), the super-abundant grace and yes, I'm so ready for this year to be over, fiscal cliff or not! Speaking of which, I refuse to ponder what that means not just for this country but to my already precarious budget! I told my husband that I am re-negotiating my vow of poverty with God, he asked if I have a collective bargaining agreement hahaha
I am praying - for wisdom, for grace, for conversion (myself, first and foremost), for the intentions of family and friends and those who are waking up today with no hope. Let's pray for each other!
I am thankful - for stability of family life and my faithful sovereign Queen, to whom I am deeply indebted for many favors answered through her intercession
I am reading - Nan Sherwood series via Project Gutenberg. I am not a trained book critic so I will only say that I enjoy reading them.
I am listening - it's something I need to really work on, listening not just in passing but with real interest and investment of time
I am planning -to go to Mass and confession this morning with the kids. The middle child is particularly excited to go to Confession for the second time, he is unique that way (and I am thankful). Our consecration renewal is tomorrow so the oldest "demanded" that we go to the Sacraments prior to renewal. Yes, I treasure these moments of childhood piety and I hope it never ends
I am laughing at - my two youngest who are the funniest people in this house. There is so much material for blogging with those two, maybe I'll post a couple this week
I am (will be) cooking - ham for New Year's eve with friends
New Year's Eve plans - if none of the kids are sick today we are celebrating with the usual suspects. I fear the girl might wake up with a fever
New Year's resolutions - I don't really make them as I tend to already over-analyze myself all year. However, in the light of the Year of Faith, I will be discerning a couple of things. How's that for clear as mud?
I am capturing moments -
funny child
outside my window on the first Winter storm
ready for Midnight Mass
twenty seven stockings for the clan
No comments:
Post a Comment