The world outside - dark and chilly. Snow is slowly melting, uncovering dead/sleeping plants and highlighting the ugliness of dirt, mud and dead grass. Welcome to the true color of Winter.
I am pondering - that which I would rather not, a year that was truly lackluster. Save for my family visiting from Texas, 2012 was as dull as it could be. It was poised to be that way, having to compete with our 2011 adventures (20 years overdue!) to that Pacific paradise called the Philippines. We can't have it all, all the time. Good riddance, I say. Here's to a better 2013.
I am praying - a lot, more than usual, there's so much to pray for. And more than praying I am listening. My natural inclination to silence hasn't played well with a big (and loud) household and an even louder world outside my door.
I am thankful - for the rhythm of the seasons within the liturgical calendar. As we move away from the festivities of the Christmas season, there are feast days to look forward to and I have decorations for most of them. I live to feast, I feast to decorate ;-)
I am reading - for this year I have determined that I need to read more lives of the saints and Scripture. Outside of (historical) fiction, Apologetics take much of my reading time. Lately, the faith-witness of the saints have been calling my name. Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross is first on my list.
I am listening - to the laughter of my children, they are laughing at some character they made on the Wii
I am making - resolutions! I can't believe it either but emboldened by Blessed Pope John Paul II's book Rise, Let Us Be On Our Way, it has to be done. Written primarily for bishops (as teachers of the faith), it is making me re-think my role as teacher of the faith to my children. I too, am taking up the call to "go and bear fruit that will last" (John 15:16)
I am cooking -pasta Alfredo with leftover ham for dinner. Yum!
I am planning - to get out of my "hermitage" more often. An impromptu coffee date with a dear friend (hi Sara!) reminded me that I wasn't really called to be a hermit hahaha.
I am capturing moments -
| my favorite ornament, handmade out of clay by my daughter |
| love this coloring page because it shows a) the neatness of my 5-year-old's handwriting b) he doesn't have the patience to color the whole thing ;-) |
| Valentine's day decorations are ready |
No comments:
Post a Comment