Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter!

I love Easter.  Yesterday was no exception, the weather was fantastic, the Mass was beautiful.  Husband and I talked about how we always seem to be teary-eyed at Mass nowadays.  I cry over Palestrina, he tears up over the homily. We're a church-going mess.

Anyhow, we had family and friends over as usual and lots of food! I might need to run today (I don't run okay? lol) Speaking of today, Easter Monday is also known in this household as "recovery day".  We recover from the frenzied Spring cleaning and hosting Easter dinner.  So today I got up early then rolled back to bed, got up after noon (yay!) and enjoying the fruits of our labor (clean house and all).  The bonus is that between the ham and turkey leftovers I don't have to think about what to make for dinner tonight, and tomorrow and possibly Wednesday, hooray! I love Easter Monday.  

Some pictures to share while I put my feet up and rest this day away -

hotdogs and marshmallows as we await the midnight hour to celebrate Easter
hunting for eggs before Mass
our first Easter photo in church, we always take it at home but I was inspired yesterday. Note the boy's matching shirts, also a first for us
something spilled in the oven making for a smokey kitchen, the chef aka as my husband wasn't too thrilled. He takes over the kitchen for Easter and Thanksgiving dinner while I drink wine and eat sweets!
speaking of sweets, my sister-in-law's friends brought this. I won't lie, when we were asked if they can bring friends I said yes under the condition that said friend have to make her amazing brownies. I'm easy :-)
i can feel a few pounds coming on just looking at this picture lol
my sister-in-law's world famous sugar cookies
cousins playing crack the whip before hunting for eggs
missing five other cousins this year
the candy trading begins
as usual we forgot to give everyone their eggs, guess what I'm having for lunch all week?
the kids cleaned and decorated. I love this.
our Easter altar/mantel
Happy Easter!
oops before I forget...more sweets! The funny thing was I kept fretting that we didn't ask anyone to bring dessert yet we ended up with so much

Keep celebrating!

2 comments:

  1. your house always looks so festive and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We require seasonal visual stimulation to survive the stay at home/homeschool life :-)

    ReplyDelete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...