Monday, September 14, 2015

The Baking Girl: Summer Goodies

This series of the blog has been sorely neglected! The Baking Girl, despite the absence of blog posts, continues to be busy in the kitchen with birthday cakes, donuts, breads, and other yummies. Summer temps notwithstanding, there was no hiatus from the baking, not when you have a household of boys who are always hungry for a treat. Since she did not have any new recipes to share, I haven't posted any of her baking adventures but I did take pictures. This post is for y'all who wondered if The Baking Girl has abandoned the kitchen :-) 

a cake for the boy who turned five
he was so thrilled to have a cake made to his specifications
cupcakes to feed hungry brothers
my favorite garlic cheese bread, the girl is a gem
cinnamon buns ready to go in the oven
brownies!!!
and then there was apple pie
another birthday cake for a brother who requested green icing, ick to the icing color, yum to the cake
birthday cake for the oldest brother who recently turned fourteen!
not sure if we are celebrating the Buckeyes or the brother lol
The Baking Girl getting a second piercing for her birthday while hanging on to her friend's hand.  No, she didn't bake her own birthday cake ;-)
and before I forget...cinnamon sugar covered donut holes
With this baking talent in our home you now know the real reason I took up running.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Says the girl who baked that sumptous looking muffin! I think I drooled looking at the photo on your blog. I hope you can make that for us one of these days.

      Delete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...