Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Before Back-To-School

My household is in full back-to-school mode this week.  My traditional schoolers have been in school for two weeks and my homeschoolers started today.  I am part of the majority (or is it the minority?) that loves going back to school. For me it means the comfort of a regular schedule.  I need the order, I need the routine, I need the predictability.  Creature of habit is my middle name.   

Anticipating a busy school year with a schedule dictated by my traditional-schoolers, we took advantage of a last minute deal (Christmas In Summer) offered by one of our favorite getaway spot - Burr Oak near the Hocking Hills.  We stayed at a quaint but cozy cabin, spent our days fishing, stargazing, playing board games, swimming, kayaking and sitting by the fire.  I loved the quiet of being unplugged. I loved waking up each morning with nothing pressing to do but savor my cup of coffee and go with the flow of each day.  Having grown up in a remote village, communing with nature is what my soul craves. It is there where I find clarity, purpose and a sense of peace.  I always come home from these little breaks feeling like I can take on the world.  

Let me share some pictures as usual.  On my next entry I will write about this amazing hike we took, also on Burr Oak.


got up at 5am to drive the kids to the beach to catch the sunrise but the clouds won't cooperate
moon in the morning
cabin life
bookworms
moonlight overhead, campfire below
my mornings were spent here writing, pondering, praying and sipping coffee
lake view

mini-golf course
 

contemplating Sophomore year
contemplating Freshman year
 

ahh ravine trail...scenic but treacherous...more trail pictures next time
lake view on the kayak
fishing and kayaking


No comments:

Post a Comment

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...