- the sun - compared to these past few days of rain (of which I was thankful for yesterday), the sun did peek out today. It was a nice break from the damp and dim. As to be expected, it called my children's name and off they went to play outdoors most of today.
- neighborhood friends - the safe kind, the kind that you're not scared about being be a bad influence on your children. We're very fortunate to live in this neighborhood (of boys!) The parents aren't so bad either (Hi Jenny!)
- adult neighborhood friends - it's so cool that I can send my kids to the neighbors to borrow stuff (cocoa powder, lawn leaf bags, vanilla..) I am fairly friendly with most of the people on my street and it's nice to be able to stop for a nice conversation with adults every so often. It doesn't hurt that they all seem to have no problem with the homeschooling thing.
- my homeschool girlfriends - even the ones I don't see as often. We are all truly sisters in Christ and that common bond of faith is a source of comfort and strength when I feel ill-equipped for the "battle". These prayerful, joyful and faith-filled women have taught me so much.
- the Eucharist - from the Greek "eucharistia", meaning "thanksgiving". Source and summit of the Christian life, it sure is mine and that's all I have to say about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment