Today is the day - Happy Thanksgiving! Most of you are probably in trytophan heaven at this time. As for me, I'm still in cleaning mode, our Thanksgiving dinner isn't until tomorrow (to best accommodate everyone's schedules). Before I start whining about how tired I am let me start my thankful list:- over-abundance -as I muddle through the last details of cleaning and pondering that what's taking me forever to finish cleaning is that we have STUFF. No, not stuffing, we have that too but I'm talking about a load of crapola. So I was able to fill two big garbage bags of clothes to give away. With five children and about 500 (labeled) boxes of tupperware filled with clothes, I am thinking the Lord better give me another girl because 250 boxes of those are girl clothes! Can you tell I was trying to clean the basement?
- the basement - why be thankful for the basement? Because it's a huge space to keep a lot of STUFF!
- a friend (Hi Jocelyn!)- who is providing a turkey for dinner tomorrow. Her husband was kind enough to bring it to our house. So we are serving two turkeys to feed the 5,000 (okay we're NOT that big of a family).
- surrender - that which corresponds to the virtue of humility. As the aspiring perfectionist, I was hoping to scrub the whole house down to perfection (I even cleaned the basement, NOT on my chore list!) Then my body complained, then the kids got tired of four days of cleaning, then I noticed that to really get my house cleaned to perfection I have to basically gut it, rebuild and keep my children outside at all times
. Since it's not on the chore list, not on the budget and for fear of Children's Services the idea had to be nixed. So I'm done with cleaning. What I don't clean you are allowed to ignore. Any mean comment about dirt, dust and grime in my house falls under the sin of perfectionism.
- laughter - because that my friends is the secret to surviving this life.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment