Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Momentary Escape From Winter

As I type this my kids are playing outside while the snow flurries dance it's twirly dance.  I'm sooooooo over Winter, there I said it! My husband may now stop badgering me to admit that Winter and I are officially over.

To combat the blues I've been trying to entertain myself on Pinterest looking at Spring fashions, Spring projects, Easter ideas, Lenten devotional ideas...anything, anything to retain my sanity and sense of hope that there will be light.

And then I remembered that trip we took to that warm old country where Winter is unknown. Perusing through the pictures bring back so many happy memories and the presence of light (at the beach!) is enough to help me out of my Winter slump.

I never did post the pictures on this blog contrary to my promise to those of you who loathe being on Facebook. So in your honor I am finally sharing it here albeit almost three years late.  Let's get out of this Winter funk together, shall we?  -

paradise found

one for me, one for me! LOL

now I'm hungry
getting ready to parasail - this was my "you only live once" moment as I conquered my fear of heights - I figure God loves me enough not to take my life away in a far-flung country while my five kids wait at home. I was right.

here we go!!! see the look of terror?
the boat in the distance is pulling us like a kite, I didn't throw up and yes, I would do it over again...tomorrow if I could

mango shake and coffee after a little bit of retail therapy, this is breakfast people!

the rain did start to dampen the vacay

a lunch date overlooking Taal volcano, it didn't erupt while we were there - another proof that God loves me

and because we're a little crazy we just had to zip line...after lunch...me in a dress, not very smart

that's us over the trees tempting God's mercy

and of course you don't go anywhere in the Philippines without bumping into religious sisters

more food
catching our plane back out of paradise into the jungle of the city

There's a ton more pictures that I could post but let's leave it here for now.  My faves are those with my family and friends and visiting my godparents. I might do a second post.  But for now I hope you enjoyed the pictures with no snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...