Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Florida Room DIY Saga

As promised, here is the story of our Florida room project - in (lots of) pictures:

hubby and youngest inspecting tools, remember this "well-loved" carpet, this is the last time you will see it ;-)

don't you love the dingy door and wooden panel walls? I don't miss it

hubby and oldest taking the first door out

on the job training for the oldest
the ceiling in all it's 70's glory
carpet out, new doors in - it's time to paint (and paint and paint and paint ad infinitum)- thank God for paint rebates
I'm not complaining, all I did was take pictures and bark out orders ;-)
500 coats of primer later, he was still painting
it was the never-ending paint job
every child was hired for the job
then it was time to lay down the new floor
working into the night so we can beat the Easter deadline and keep the Triduum holy
before the final piece of flooring was put down the kids wrote on the concrete - a testimony of their hardwork and my picture taking skills ;-)
to make up for the fact that I did not take any pictures of the middle child helping with the Florida room I had him wash the living room windows so it doesn't look like we both didn't do anything to help the DIY cause
this is what the Florida room looks like today, it's a basketball court until I make up my mind what to do with the extra space and finish up the decorating
I love the blue ceiling
I love this room
What I didn't capture was all the annoyances and setbacks of imperfect walls, floors and the constant ticking of the deadline clock.  I think DIY projects are saint-makers, this is part of my encountering Christ anew LOL.  Fortunately for my husband the next opportunity for sainthood won't be for a couple more months years.

PS - My husband reminded me about the lamps
I suggested just spray painting this but this had wiring issues that paint can't fix

 and here's the new one:

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it, awesome job! I had a boss once who said you can tell a lot from a couple when they partner up in a canoe. I think DIY projects would do just as well for that purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely the canoe passenger who just went along for the ride lol

      Delete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...