Thursday, October 17, 2019

Still Here

Happy October!  I unintentionally neglected this blog for that thing called real life. All is a blur as I try to recall what transpired since my last post in the spring. Still, a quick recap for those of you who have valiantly avoided social media where most of my life exploits are told. 

Summer was tedious and long. This from someone who lived a greater part of my life where endless summer is not just a hashtag wish. How summer came to be my least favorite season can only be explained by my exposure to the other seasons upon leaving Asia all those many years ago.  Anyhow, the usual outings with kayaks and hikes and cabin vacations and consuming copious amounts of ice cream made it more than bearable. Visiting friends and family also added to the joyful memories. I must also add that a dear friend passed away. There are no words. And with that, this short summer recap ends.

As for life in general,  three kids are in high-school this year.  The only year this will ever happen to me and for that, I am thankful.  A senior, a junior, and a freshman.  I didn't think my life could be more exciting.  I'm not sure my freshman would say having two older siblings who have gone through the rituals is entirely beneficial.  He is experiencing this year in a different way.  My previous two did not play sports freshman year to ease the transition from homeschool to brick and mortar. With my oldest a senior, the opportunity to run cross-country with younger brother was not to be missed. There was no easing the transition. Dealing with daily running and rigorous academics, the freshman is a testament to resilience and perseverance. We had some tough late nights and tough early mornings.  In fact, all of first quarter was tough all around. But here we are, a new month, a new quarter and I am so incredibly proud of my boy.  

For a final tidbit on this, my fave running month - I'm training again for my favorite race, the Hot Chocolate.  This time I am heading a group, 18 as of last count, for what is looking to be a big, fun run with friends and family.  More about that on the next post.

Before I sign off, here are some photos to share-














No comments:

Post a Comment

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...