Monday, November 30, 2020

Daybook- First Monday Of Advent

We lost power while I was typing this Daybook so it's now officially an afternoonbook 😀 

Outside My Window - bleak skies, tree branches fluttering in the slight wind, wet snow falling on a day made for bundling under warm covers. 

I'm Listening To - a praise music playlist my daughter made for me.

I'm Reading - devotional for Advent . I've been using this book for years and it hits me in different ways every year. 

I'm Pondering - "what are you hoping to achieve this Advent?" asked my Advent devotional. My prayer journal needs more pages lol. I feel as if my spiritual goals are not just the same every year, but every waking hour of my life. 

I'm Looking Foward To- moonlit walks in the snow. I have yet to do that. Maybe it will happen this week, the season has just begun.

What's Cooking - stews and soups on a week that has snow on the forecast. Baking also on the plans, I may have bought everything on the baking aisle in preparation for a snowy week.

The Week Ahead - mailing nails after my Black Friday sale, slowly bring up the Christmas decorations and my beloved dinnerware sets. Lots of scheduled down time after a super busy November. If I sell only one nail set for December, I think I won't mind. It's that time of year that I need the most quiet.

Homeschool Is Cool- we finished the life of Edmund Campion so we are picking a new book. Our shelves are groaning with good reads. I think my boys already forgot long division after just a few days of break. So I guess more long division lol.

Mom Treat - I have movies on the queue so that will be my treat for the week.

Prayers - today begins the St. Andrew/Christmas novena. For the end to this pandemic and many private intentions for one and all.

Advent Time Snapshots- wherein I share my usual photos

day time walks are now replaced by dusk walks to view Christmas lights in the neigborhood
He is still not relinquishing the outdoor decorating. I love this young man.

sharing some outdoor cheer 

some art direction for my sale



No comments:

Post a Comment

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...