"I am definitely loved and whatever happens to me, I am awaited by love. And so, my life is good" - St. Josephine Bakhita
Outside My Window - I feel as if every Monday these last few weeks have all been cloudy and gloomy. Today, I see a hint of blue and a promise of sunshine. All is calm, no wind to disturb the twigs and leaves on the ground. The glint of Christmas ornaments on our maple tree makes me happy.
I'm Listening To - A Christmas/Advent playlist on Spotify. It's a combination of classics and contemporary renditions from Burl Ives to Jars of Clay, with a splash of Canadiana by way of The Huron Carol and a Christmas jig by Ashley McIsaac. And it won't be my playlist if there's no Wexford Carol.
I'm Reading - some fluff on my Kindle Paperwhite that I randomly picked up but I'm going to dig in and finish Cardinal Sara's book that's been stewing there as well.
I'm Pondering - the opening salvo of my Advent and Christmas devotional asked what I hoped to achieve during this season. It's the same question every year, and every year it stumps me. I bring this weighty question to prayer and it's slowly being revealed to me. I have a trouble with love it seems. It has been specially hard under the oppression of pandemic life. Charity asks a lot of us. It asks a lot of me, in and out of my bubble. To love without asking for anything in return. To give and to serve tirelessly, despite my rebellious heart. More and more I am realizing the genius of true love as it comes from the heart of God. "I am awaited by love, and so my life is good"
I'm Looking Forward To- actually finishing decorating. We got our tree the other day, it's up but there are no lights because we apparently don't have any working ones! I am so happy to see again my small Christmas tree collection. Speaking of trees, fun fact- we have two 6-foot fake trees, one of which we bought on clearance eons ago and have yet to see the light outside the original box. I might put it out on my front porch. We'll see.
What's Cooking - I have a rib eye roast sitting on my counter as I type. I was going to dredge and cure in salt but may check out another recipe.
The Week Ahead- lots of laundry and maybe, finally, switching our clothes to reflect the weather. I'm still wearing khaki shorts at home on days I don't have to go anywhere.
Homeschool Is Cool - these next few weeks I just want crafty, happy things. Our brains are fried from long division LOL.
Mom Treat- squee!!! I finally got myself a new Winter jacket. I lamented for two years about how my favorite Lands' End coat has seen better days after eleven years of wear. And I kept holding out for sales on the good stuff, Columbia, North Face, Uniqlo, and L.L. Bean. I was almost ready to commit to a Uniqlo but then Lands' End, probably seeing my constant visit to the outerwear section of their website, sent me a coupon for 60 percent off. It took the coat I'm salivating over from $200 to $87! It's the updated version of my previous beloved and I can't wait to get it! With a name like Squall Insulated Waterproof Stadium Long Winter Coat With Hood, can you blame me?! Oh and the fun part? I bought it with my nail earnings. Adulting happiness right there, and I actually hate the word adulting.
Prayers - for the end to this pandemic. For friends who have covid. For private intentions as we continue to pray the St. Andrew novena.
Advent Time Snapshots - wherein I share my usual photos











No comments:
Post a Comment