Monday, April 1, 2013

The Road to Easter In Photos

 It was a wonderful Holy Week.  We went to church everyday (except for Holy Saturday) immersing ourselves in it's liturgical and sacrament(al) life.  When Easter Sunday rolled around we were ready to truly celebrate and host the annual clan dinner, of which I have not a single photo!  We missed those of you (family) who couldn't make it.

Here's our week in photos -
snow greeted us on the Monday of Holy Week, notice the Christmas lights on the gutter, we're cool like that!
but it's Consecration day, no snow can stop us from going to morning Mass. I'm so proud of this child who stuck to 33 days of preparation.  When we were practicing the prayer for consecration he got teary-eyed then we hugged, laughed and danced for joy.  He's already planning for renewal. I am a very blessed mama.
a treat after Mass and Consecration.

baking with a friend, I cropped the friend out of the photo to protect the innocent
she did a great job with the bunny-shaped candy coating.  One of the perks of homeschooling that I truly appreciate is the freedom to immerse ourselves in life skills that also explore the creative nature of my children. Her baking skills are very impressive for such a young age, my mother who cooked and baked for a living is smiling down on her.
after a couple of tries I gave up on taking a decent picture, the two-year-old kept making faces. Such (ornery!) personality, that child.
three dozen eggs for the clan and we forgot to hand it out during the party.  Wanna come over for hard-boiled eggs?!
our Easter mantle, the Spring colors are such a relief from the bleak of Winter
the five-year-old doing schoolwork this morning could care less about Spring Break. In fact, he could care less about what day it is, he'll do schoolwork even on weekends and nights! I love this child.

2 comments:

  1. Can i please get some hard boiled eggs so i can make my egg salad sandwich? :) HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two dozen for you hahaha. Happy Easter to you my dear!

      Delete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...