Friday, July 26, 2013

Insanity Revisited

It's supposed to be the third week of the second round of Insanity.  After the first round I took a much needed break to enjoy real life without sweating buckets everyday. It was during that break week that I noticed the most change probably because my body was no longer swollen from the punishment LOL.

I relished every day of that week, enjoying the weight-loss and tighter muscles.  I drank beer, ate chocolate and most of all I did not exercise beyond the household chores/running after children.  It was great, I felt so accomplished.

Round two, week one was also great. As expected it was easier as the challenging parts did not make me cry anymore.  There was a lot of sweating while I still struggled through some of the drills.  It's neat, though, to see how much I've progressed.  I had very low expectations of myself when we first started doing this fitness program.  Wanting to do a second round is almost miraculous in itself!

The supposed second week came to a screeching halt after I found out my dad passed away.  My body couldn't move, paralyzed by grief. I couldn't eat, I hardly slept and exercising was totally out of the question.I knew there was not going to be a third week either.  The stress of planning an immediate trip to Canada continued the pattern of not eating well or sleeping enough.

I'm trying to feed myself better so I can get back to the point where there's enough fuel in me to exercise.  I miss the adrenaline high, I miss the sense of accomplishment, I miss the sense of well-being.  I hope to re-start Insanity after my trip home.

5 comments:

  1. Drinking coffee late in the afternoon is always a good idea to stay awake during meetings, but i forgot the fact that the caffeine stays with me til the wee hours. With that said, I ended up watching infomercial and INSANITY was on last night. Needless to say, I thought about you and decided to buy the whole package so I can try it starting next week. I hope I will have time to do this, my Zumba, and my Salsa class. Pag hindi pa naman ako pumayat ewan ko na lang hahaha. Ikaw ang inspiration ko to try this workout. I will let you know the progress :). Safe travel to Canada. Give my regards to Ate Miles and Jun. I am praying for all of you. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first month isn't so bad, between 30-45 minutes workout time. The second month is challenging because it is longer, 60 minutes for most. If you can find the time it's absolutely worth it. The results are quick, within three weeks noticeable kaagad but it's really a tough workout. Eat well (and often!) and drink lots of water. Yung recovery drink is just milk with Ovaltine, wag ka na bumili ng mamahalin na protein drinks. Don't get discouraged, keep in touch so I can help you get through it.

      Delete
  2. Ah ok, doable yan, I can do it after my dance class. I will avoid pinoy food again and the buffet line :). I still have lots of left over protein powder. I will just mix it with soymilk. Pwede na siguro yun. I promise to keep in touch. How I wish we're next door neighbor, so you can be my insanity police in all aspects of life :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a couple of cute houses on my street that are for sale :-)

      Delete
  3. so tempting but i don't think my company will allow me to work remotely everyday :)

    ReplyDelete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...