Monday, October 15, 2018

Monday Afternoon Daybook

Outside My Window...clouds and a light drizzle.  Cuddling under the blanket weather.

I'm Listening To...clanking of forks and plates, kids eating apple crisp topped with ice cream. 


The Week Ahead...a to-do list heavy with deep cleaning projects. I'm trying to muster the enthusiasm to tackle it.  Hopefully, the special Mass for our homeschool support group this week will give me all the graces needed to cross out everything on my list.

What's Cooking...lots of baking with apples this week.  Steak and potatoes for dinner tonight.  I haven't finalized dinner plans for the rest of the week. I'm usually on top of my game with meal planning.  It's only Monday so I'm not behind yet.

Homeschool Is Cool...last day for the Fall session at the Homeschool Gym.  We break for a week then the next session starts up again in a couple of weeks.  Finishing up some tests this week then I have to start thinking about Advent ideas to incorporate in our studies.

Great Nature...dear daughter took these pictures of wildflowers growing in our backyard.  It used to be where we had the vegetable patch.  We have neglected it for a couple of years but Mother Nature, in her genius, decided to grow her own beauty.  




Prayers...of thanksgiving.  Since streamlining my online life and ramping up my prayer life, the Lord has been lavishing me with gifts, both spiritual and temporal.  Maybe He's been giving them to me all along and I was just too busy too notice.  

What I'm reading...lots of recipes (apples of course!)  Do you sometimes feel like just looking at the proportions of certain recipes you know it's not going to taste good?  Well, I'm finding that the amount of sugar in many baking recipes are just a bit too much, at least for me.  So I'm researching non-North American recipes and comparing the sugar content with my well-loved creations.  I'm sure I will blog about it.


Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I've said it before, but I really enjoy this style of post. It's a sneak peek into someone else's world. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's short, sweet and doesn't need much contemplation lol

      Delete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...