Friday, October 26, 2018

Fit Friday - A New Goal

I was supposed to have completed Week 4 of LIIFT4.  Real life happened so I decided to just take the week off and take care of the sickies in my home.  My hubby and one child is on the mend but another child is now sick.  Life in a big family.

I'm getting excited to do the Hot Chocolate race in a few weeks.  Truth be told I haven't trained enough or at least I think I should be running more.  One of my running heroes just challenged herself to running everyday even if it's only a couple of miles.  This is so inspiring to me so I've decided to do the same.  Not sure when I will start. I was thinking maybe as a New Year's resolution but maybe sooner is better.  Either way I plan to blog about it because I need to be accountable somehow.  I haven't yet factored in being sick but the hubby of this gal ran at least a mile even under the weather.  I will cross that bridge when I get there. I'm not even thinking about the weather and how to run on icy days.  I completely ignored the fact that my running gal lives in a place where they don't see snow or ice! This should be fun! 

The thought of running everyday made me think it might be too much.  But with shorter miles it shouldn't be too bad. I will treat it as if I am brisk walking everyday.  Wish me luck!  

What are your fitness goals for the rest of the year?  



2 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed this post. A mom I know runs races and she pretty much only runs long distances on Saturdays with her husband, but works out in other ways the rest of the week. She found herself injured otherwise. She just completed the half marathon in Columbus the other week (the Children's one in memory of her oldest daughter).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting. I find that it's like back to square one if I don't run at least three times a week. I wished I like other forms of cardio but running is it for me.

      Delete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...