Sunday, October 1, 2017

And So It Begins - Write 31 Days

When I received the email reminder from Write31Days I knew I wanted to participate again this year.  Writing is a tool that allows me to hash out what this old brain is trying to piece together for clarity and coherence.  In my life it goes hand in hand with praying and pondering . In our day and age, there is something about the act of typing that swiping and scrolling or pressing buttons to text just cannot replicate. 

What inspired me to join the writing challenge this year are the writing prompts.  Some of them are things I would love to write about.  I will most likely not use all the prompts because, truthfully, some of those topics are hard to write about in such a public way.  I love you all but you don't really want to know EVERYTHING about me! 

I was thinking of writing under the category of Faith (with a sprinkling of Family Life). We'll see....

I asked some friends to blog with me.  My friend Nicole at Just Like Mary is participating and a couple of friends are thinking about it.  I will post the links to their blogs once their posts are up. I'm looking forward to these next 31 days. It's been a while since I've written consistently and the last time I participated was three years ago (!!!).

So come back tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and the day after that....and keep me (and my friends) company for the rest of the month!

This would not be a complete post without a picture to share.  Here is one from our recent visit to Clear Creek -
looking forward to taking a photo of this same spot once the leaves have turned red

4 comments:

  1. Take a winter picture too! I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea!!! Looking forward to yours too. Thanks for joining me.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to read more Ana Maria!

    You're a great encourager and a wise soul. I'm interested to read that quiet morning blog post you mentioned that is on hold in your drafts folder....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is today's post!!! Will re-write after dinner. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...