Tuesday, November 12, 2019

30 Days of Thanks - Guest Blogger

Hi, friends!

It's the girl child here (or G-Money, according to my English teacher). If you've kept up with the blog over the past few days, you'll know that my mom's siblings are coming to visit this week so we've been busy with preparation. I've volunteered to take over the blog for the duration of their visit so my mom can spend time with them. I also happen to have a long study hall in school (which I generally spend my time in talking to some friends & study hall monitor, who is also my frisbee coach) so blogging won't take much time away from family and school and it all works out!

As for giving thanks, I have so much to be thankful for. The blessings are abundant recently and I'm overwhelmingly thankful for the joy they bring. But for today's post, I am thankful for school.

For those of you who have known me for a while this may come as a shock. The transition from home school to high school was a rocky one and I didn't enjoy school until this past spring. These days, I find myself looking forward to Mondays and mornings, almost sad when the weekends come. I also don't feel the need to stay in bed and skip school each day which is a huge change. While I am very thankful for the education I'm receiving, I'm more so thankful for the experiences and friendships that come with school.

Some highlights of school today were my Spanish class in which we practiced conversations for an upcoming assessment (I love Spanish and I will gladly accept any opportunity to use it). In my religion class we are currently working hard on a drive for a local organization. Watering all of the plants in my history teacher's classroom with one of my closest friends (it's become our job and it brings me so much joy), and art club with the same friend! We have art club once a week. My friend and I started going recently and we're having the best time. Our current favorite medium is watercolors but we're hoping to branch out soon.

 Most people say junior year is the worst, but in my two and a half months of experience, junior year is by far the best year. It's definitely more work than the past two years but I'd rather spend two hours on homework and have a good time than have no work and be miserable. I could go on for ages and ages about the adventures, laughs, and the memories I've already made but I think I'll save that for another time. Maybe I'll start my own blog, haha.

Have a wonderful rest of your day, I'll be back tomorrow!


the majority of my camera roll is pictures of sunrises & foggy mornings on the way to school - don't worry, I don't drive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision

  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...