Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus - Phillipians 4:6-7
Outside My Window - the sun is hiding behind the clouds, nothing ominous but contributing to the chill that has blanketed our region for about a week. The trees on the front yard are mostly bare which means a raking party is in order.
I'm Listening To - my youngest child play-acting a sword fight with an invisible enemy. It is quite amusing.
The Week Ahead - senior dinner for my cross-country runner. Chores galore as we have now officially decided that warm weather clothes need to be swapped out with cold weather ones. In my world that also means going through boxes and boxes of clothes and basically re-arranging a major part of the basement. The good news is that as my kids have gotten older they are less attached to things that lurk in that part of my house. I will feel no guilt tossing things out this time around.
What's Cooking - at least once this week someone else is making my dinner (senior dinner to the rescue!) There's a pasta dish on a menu, marinated pork chops, and the usual breakfast for dinner.
Homeschool Is Cool - we get to visit our homeschool gym this week. We couldn't commit to the full session because my calendar is not kind to me until possibly January. But my boys have been missing their gym buds so we are dropping in for a day. Other than that we have worksheets to complete and creative writing to master.
Prayers - I'm trying to get back into the habit of morning prayer before kids are up. My anxiety level this year has been on an unusual upward trend. As parents, especially mothers, I think we naturally absorb the stresses of everyone around us. I feel as if everything this year is a big deadline with college applications, Sacrament preparation, activity commitments, etc. etc. etc....And I am averse to deadlines! But my life is not my own, so pray I must because to pray is to survive a life of deadlines.
What I'm Reading - Jane Austen's Emma. After finishing Pride and Prejudice it was almost necessary to read another Austen work. I love Emma, she's amusing and I need an amusing read in this chapter of my life.
30 Days Of Thanks - Mondays. For me it is a day of new beginnings. A new week. Not always a clean slate as it is usually a continuation of things for good or ill. Nevertheless, Mondays are usually my most inspired days as I plan the week. I'm usually in a hopeful mood on Mondays. Slaying those deadlines one Monday at a time.
Picture Perfect -

Love this! I think I will pick up "Emma" too, as soon as I finish the bio of L.L. Bean that I am reading. :)
ReplyDeleteBiographies are something I need to pick up. Other than the lives of the saints I can honestly say I haven't picked up any biographies.
DeleteOoh, that last picture is gorgeous. I feel like the anxiety increases as the kids are getting older? Thank God for faith. Praying for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm partial to taking close-up photos especially of dainty things. This is one of my faves.
DeleteI think for myself the anxiety also has a hormonal component. Aging is not a fun thing! Thanks for the prayers!