"Do not adorn yourselves outwardly by braiding your hair, and by wearing gold ornaments or fine clothing; rather,
let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a
gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in God’s sight" - 1 Peter 3:3-4
Those of you who have known me forever will remember how I periodically wrote about fashion trends in my old blog (the now defunct Multiply). I remember having fun writing those entries so for this 31-day writing challenge I am resurrecting that practice.
Fall Fave Number One - Hooded chunky cardigan in Mustard Yellow with pockets! I think this wins the "everything I want in a cardigan" category. We need this in our life.
Fall Fave Number Two - Stevie Ponte-Knits Pants from Old Navy. I am a big fan of these pants. They are NOT athleisure (ugh, athleisure should not be a word). It's made of a sturdy fabric (think johdpurs) and it fits like running pants (which I love!). My running quads can no longer live in jeans so I was very happy to find these. They are forgiving and flattering. Now it just needs to come in fun colors.
Fall Fave Number Three - H&M's long t-shirt. This pairs really well with the Stevie pants and the price point is reasonable. I hoard these in different colors. May also be used as a sleep shirt. It's super comfy and surprisingly did not shrink as much as I thought it would.
 |
| I look happier than this girl when I wear my shirt lol |
Fall Fave Number Four - Puma Vikky sneakers. I like trends. But I like comfortable trends. I was really disappointed when I tried on Converse sneakers, they were clunky and uncomfortable. Adidas was only a bit better. When I tried on the Puma's I was pleasantly surprised. The memory foam is super comfy. Even after long walks my feet are still happy. I bought this in gray (which my daughter now owns) and in suede burgundy (my daughter doesn't mind twinning). If you are as lucky as I was you will find this for $30 at TJ Maxx
 |
| twinning |
Fall Fave Number Five - As much as I love shoes I am an even bigger fan of purses. Ever since Charming Charlie came to Ohio I don't bother looking anywhere else for handbags (and jewelry). I am a big fan of their bag-in-a-bag. The quality is good, the selection is overwhelming (in a good way) and the price point is not hard on the pocketbook especially when they have a big sale (they currently have a 40% off sale). As someone who spent a good deal of my working life in retail it's hard to convince me to pay at retail price so at Charming Charlie you will always find me at the clearance aisle. I am waiting for this bag-in-a-bag to go on clearance!
 |
| I love the woven texture |
 |
| two bags for the price of one |
Other Fall trends I love - floral prints, midi-length dresses and skirts
Trend that I just couldn't get into - wedge booties
What are your favorite fashion trends?
Don't forget to visit my friends who are keeping me company this month - Autumn, Nicole, Barb, and Christine
I am not a fashion person at all, but I do find that if I look decent, I feel better so I try to take some effort. Part of gaining this weight is finding decent clothes, and it really is hit or miss. My fave fall pieces are my jeans (yes, jeans for once!), a cozy but light pale gray cardigan, my slip-on Sketcher tennis shoes, and some fun t-shirts. Now, if the weather would only cooperate to enjoy fall before winter hits.
ReplyDeleteI might be the only child in the boonies who grew up looking at fashion magazines. My mom brought them home from abroad so my brain was trained early. My mom and her sisters were very fashionable people in their youth so it must have been passed down to us. I haven't worn jeans in more than a year, my quads no longer fit in my old ones lol.
Delete