Hi, friends!
I'm here today to talk about one of my favorite humans on the planet, my youngest brother. Disclaimer, this might get long.
He was born eleven days after my seventh birthday and at first I was disappointed that I was getting yet another brother, as he was the fourth and I'd prayed and prayed for years to have a sister. Looking back now, I'm overwhelmingly thankful for this little boy and the thought of having a sister is honestly intimidating, after sixteen years of having only brothers I would have no idea what to do with myself if I had a sister.
Since his birth, I've come up with a plethora of nicknames for him, none of which I remember the origin. I've lost track of most of them and these days I generally use a few based on his first and middle names or just Bubs. Nicknames aside, this boy is something else. He's terrifyingly smart, compassionate, and he's always making me laugh. He loves to cuddle and is very generous with hugs. He's adventurous and loves to play, and most of the time he sings quietly to himself as he goes throughout his day. He reads textbooks in his free time which is both admirable and mind-blowing. He can tell you anything about astronomy and plenty about world history. One time last year I was telling him about a history test I had on World War II, and he instantly started rambling about all he knew on the subject. He knew just as much as I did, despite being a third grader while I was a sophomore in high school. He's also very honest, and sometimes he'll walk into my bedroom and say, "Wow, it's kinda messy in here. No offense." I love him.
My favorite thing about him is how compassionate he is. There's been a number of times when I was sitting in my room by myself and he's come in saying, "Do you want me to keep you company? You just seem kinda lonely sometimes." He then will bring in his books, toys, or whatever he's doing and sit with me while we continue whatever we were doing before. Sometimes he'll just sit next to me, put his head on my shoulder, and tell me everything he's been up to recently. Other times he'll sing while I play my ukulele, or go on walks with me to the library or to the store to buy snacks so we can watch a movie.
This boy is an angel. Sometimes I feel like he was sent straight down from heaven to be my best friend, because he's everything I never knew I needed. God didn't say no when I asked for a sister, He just had a better plan and I am beyond thankful for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Midweek Daybook - The Valley Of Decision
Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision - Joel 3:14 Outside My Window ...
-
Outside My Window - dark. The outdoor Christmas lights have been officially unplugged and the ornaments on the maple tree taken down. The H...
-
" The purpose of the Church's year is continually to run through her great history of memories, to awaken the heart's memory s...
Truly a lovely post. Everyone should read it. God never gives us exactly what we ask for, He gives us something better.
ReplyDeleteIt's a joy to read this. I've only ever heard these stories so I am very glad it is officially documented so I can always go back and read.
Delete